How to enter - swimmers aged under 18 To enter a swim meet as a guardian/parent, follow the steps below:
1. Login to Swim Central
2. Enter your family PIN The padlock icon at the top of the screen should show as unlocked once the PIN is entered. If it is not unlocked, click on the icon and enter your PIN. If you don’t yet have a PIN or have forgotten it, click on ‘forgot PIN’ to create/reset one.
3. Click on the 'Family set up' icon on the home page
4. Select the swimmer you wish to enter Toggle over their profile then click on the little person icon that appears to the left of the swimmer's profile (this will take you into that swimmer's account)
5. Click on the 'Events' icon once in the swimmer's account, and look up the date of the swim meet you wish to enter and select the swim meet.
6. Click on the 'nominate' button in the button right hand corner once the swim meet is selected This will then generate a list of events suitable for the swimmer's age and sex.
7. Select an event you wish to enter and then click the 'add to trolley' button (note that the system may not allow you to enter the swimmer into certain events due to not having the applicable qualifying time)
8. Repeat this process for additional events noting that each time you add an event to the trolley, it will show in the trolley icon at the top of the page
9. Whilst in the swimmer's account, you can also nominate for other swim meets by repeating steps 5-8.
10. If you have other children you wish to nominate for swim meets, click on the 'end impersonation' button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This will take you out of the child's account and back to the parent/guardian's account. Repeat steps 3-9 for the other children.
11. To pay for all the events added to the trolley, click on the trolley icon at the top of the page. This can be done at the end of all these steps as one transaction.
How to enter - swimmers aged 18 & over Simply follow steps 1, 5-9 and 11. If you are 18 or over and still attached to a parent, you can arrange to detach yourself. Contact Swimming Victoria to arrange this.
How to enter and attending swim meets
STEP 1. Check your squad competition calendar on this website under Competitions>Targeted Competitions and Events. Coaches select swim meets that are suitable for swimmers in each squad level. This is usually emailed to parents at the start of term but is sometimes updated, so you should keep an eye on the club site
STEP 2. To enter a swim meet you must login to Swim Central. (For more detailed instructions see our step by step instructions on how to enter once you have logged in, here)
If your child is a new member racing for the first time, we recommend just entering 2 or 3 events in the strokes your child is comfortable with (usually freestyle, backstroke and breastroke). If unsure, your child's coach who will recommend what is best for them (Sometimes this is NOT what the swimmer wants to do - however the coach will have good reason to make the recommendations they have in order to keep the swimmer progressing)
Note: It is important to enter swim meets before the closing date. Enter early to avoid disappointment as some swim meets reach maximum capacity very quickly.
STEP 3. Check H2O emails. An email is usually sent to every person competing 2 days prior to the competition with all the information pertaining to that Swim Meet. These updates include information about the meet (for example what time swimmers should arrive for the warm up, parking restrictions etc..).
STEP 4. The most important step - attending the meet! Here's a few tips on what to do on the day: